Sunday, 1 January 2012

New Years

So I'm sat here nursing a hangover, brew in hand, beau by my side- watching Monsters Inc (gotta love Boo!)

We had a house party last night and I had so much fun!

But what is a house party without food right? I made Spanish chicken (my house party favourite) cannellini bean salad, a selection of tapas, dips and olives. I also made last minute some raspberry ripple cupcakes which were the centre of conversation all night and have got my skills booked for a couple of friends birthdays.

Here is the recipe;
50g of caster sugar
25g of butter
125ml of milk
1/2 a tbsp of raspberry flavouring
1 medium/large egg, lightly beaten
150g of self-raising flour
1/2 a tsp of baking powder
A pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 200c/400f/gas mark 6. Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
Cream together the sugar and butter, then add the milk, raspberry flavouring and egg. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in together and stir. You want the mixture to be thick but still a bit runny so add milk/flour when necessary.

Add two heaped teaspoons of mixture into each muffin case (you should be able to make 12.) Bake on the centre shelf of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until well risen and firm to the touch.

I made a standard buttercream topping with a few drops of raspberry flavouring for my muffins but I added pink food colouring to half of the buttercream mix so I could put pink buttercream on one half and white buttercream on the other and create a 'ripple' effect with a fork.

Here is the end result.

Happy New Year

No Drama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comment, question or opinion on my blog. I'd love to hear from you and your experiences.

Thank you!