Sunday, 1 January 2012

Christmas

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas & that Turkey Traumas were few and far between! A friend of mine spent most of the day defrosting her turkey (I got a very desperate phone call!) radiators, boiling water and hair dryers were involved!

I have to say the winning dish of my Christmas dinner was the stuffing. It was absolutely DIVINE & the mister thought so too, so I simply MUST share the recipe with you;

30g pecans, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
25g butter
3 shallots , chopped
2 garlic cloves , finely chopped
140g cooked chestnuts , finely chopped
450g good-quality pork sausages
Zest of 1 lemon
140g fresh white breadcrumbs
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsp chopped thyme leaves
2 tsp finely chopped sage

Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan, tip in the shallots and garlic, and fry for a few mins until softened. Stir in the chestnuts and chopped pecans, then tip into a large bowl and cool. Squeeze the sausages from their casings and add to the bowl with the nut mixture. Add the remaining stuffing ingredients and season with salt and pepper. Put the stuffing mixture into a baking dish & cover with buttered baking parchment and chill until ready to cook.
Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Bake stuffing in the oven for 25-30 mins, removing the paper for the last 5 mins if they need browning.

Yum yum yum!

I spent Christmas with my partner & his family who were so kind about my cooking & made the day extra special

Thank you!

No drama xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comment, question or opinion on my blog. I'd love to hear from you and your experiences.

Thank you!