Thursday, 20 October 2011

Carrot & coriander soup

My favourite soup is Carrot & Coriander. There's something beautifully satisfying about the gentle heat and the silky smooth texture that gets me all excited for autumn/winter. I like to make this on a Monday that's usually when I have left over carrots, potatoes and the occasional parsnip.

I like a little extra spice in my soup so I add a bit of cumin and dried chilli feel free to omit.

Ingredients;
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion , chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried chilli
1 tsp of cumin (ground or seeds)
1 potato , chopped
450g carrots , peeled and chopped
1.2l vegetable or chicken stock
handful coriander (about ½ a supermarket packet)

Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion, then fry for 5 mins until softened. Stir in the ground coriander, cumin, chilli and potato, then cook for 1 min. Add the carrots and stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 20 mins until the carrots are tender.
Add the fresh coriander and using a stick blender, blend until at a consistency you desire.
Taste, add salt if necessary, then reheat to serve.

Let me know how it goes!

No drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comment, question or opinion on my blog. I'd love to hear from you and your experiences.

Thank you!