Monday, 12 September 2011

Pesto

Eugh where to begin with my addiction to pesto? I've tried them all! And I find them essential to any Italian dish. My current favourite at the moment is wild garlic by Sacla. It's great just to put a teaspoon in a lasagne to lift it or on it's own stirred into pasta with a dusting of parmesan. I use pesto with pizza, pasta, rice, paella, risotto, on baked chicken breast. I've been known to put a light brush of pesto on my roast potatoes when making an Italian meal.

Pesto is essential in any Italian cooking and I find it's especially nice to make your own once in a while.

Ingredients
- 50g/2oz basil
- 30g/1oz pine nuts, toasted
- 30g/1oz parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 85ml/3fl oz olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper


Method
1. Put the basil, parmesan, garlic and pine nuts into a food processor and season well.
2. Whiz together and with the motor still running, pour the oil in until the pesto thickens.
3. Store in a clean jar in the fridge covered with a drizzle of oil to prevent it drying out.

Let me know how it goes!


No drama. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave any comment, question or opinion on my blog. I'd love to hear from you and your experiences.

Thank you!